Join Our Lowell Team
Lowell Animal Hospital is currently hiring experienced Kennel Assistants!
The Kennel Assistant functions include, but are not limited to, providing the care and basic needs of animals being groomed, boarded or that are patients of Lowell Animal Hospital, including cleaning of cages and runs and ward areas and the proper feeding and care of all hospitalized animals. The Kennel Assistant operates under the supervision of the Kennel Manager, Hospital Manager and Doctors.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent.
- Properly handle patients as required and appropriately restrain patients as directed.
- Walk hospitalized dogs several times a day according to hospital protocol to provide exercise and time for elimination of bowels and bladder.
- Provide care for pet housed/visiting the hospital. Report signs of illness, disease, injury or unusual activity to animal health technicians/veterinarians.
- Apply knowledge of normal food and liquid requirements of animals. As required, provide special food and liquids.
- Ensure that cages and patients are properly numbered and identified and that personal property (toys, treats, blankets, leashes) are stored in the proper area and identified.
- Clean, disinfect and maintain kennels, cages, runs and litter boxes as often as is necessary to ensure no cages or kennels are soiled and odors are not apparent. Perform general cleaning in other areas of the hospital to control the spread of disease. Wash and sterilize water and food bowls.
- Wear personal protective equipment required for the area and maintain the personal protective equipment in good working order.
- Launder and dry towels and blankets.
- Know proper animal restraint techniques, assist with patient restraint.
- Deep cleaning of entire hospital.
- Clean and maintain lab and surgical supplies and equipment, when needed.
- Work well with all employees and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors and the practice philosophy.
- Notify supervisor of needed maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience caring for animals.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Physically fit and agile.
- Capacity to lift up to 50 pounds unaided.
- A passion for animal welfare.
- Available to work during evenings, and on Saturday’s.
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions and work efficiently and effectively under those conditions
- Must be able to cope with death either due to surgical complication or euthanasia
- Ability to rapidly and accurately process information
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Ability to recognize a need for assistance and ask for help
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to cope with frustrating situations and remain calm
How to Apply:
Please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the subject line as 'Kennel Assistant'. We look forward to receiving your resume!
We are excited to announce that Lowell Animal Hospital is looking to add a Veterinary Technician to our growing team!
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Technician or a Technician with at least 5 years of on-the-job training. We are 4 doctor practice with a fast-paced environment!
Applicant must possess the following:
- Outstanding communication and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
The Veterinary Technician skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to, are: venipuncture, catheter placement, radiology, anesthesia monitoring, surgical preparation and assisting, patient recovery, dentistry, laboratory work, pharmacy, client education, and compassionate care for our patients.
We offer full service veterinary care including wellness examinations, vaccines, surgery, dental cleanings, dental radiographs, digital radiographs, ultrasound and more!
Full Time Benefits would include:
- Sick Time
- Profit Sharing
- Insurance (Vision, Dental and Medical)
- Employee Discount Uniform allowance
Hours would include morning and night shifts with every other Saturday (8am-12pm). We are closed Sundays and Holidays. Pay based on experience.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume via email to email@example.com and include the subject line as 'Veterinary Technician'. We look forward to receiving your resume!
Walk-In Facility! Come see us at your convenience!
Call Or Visit Us Today!
Mon, Wed, Thu: 8am-6pm (closed 12pm-2pm)